Summer is in full swing and in celebration of long, sunshine-filled days and good vibes, we’ve rounded up the must-taste cocktails of the season! Whether you enjoy a tonic and rum, or you’re in the mood for a white wine spritzer, these recipes are sure to be a hit at your next backyard cookout or rooftop happy hour!
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, CA
For the summer season, Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills has created two special cocktails to sip in the California sunshine.
- Strawberry Basil Martini: A sweet take on the legendary martini drink, made with fresh strawberry puree and customized with fresh basil leaves (from the hotel’s own herb garden, no less). Acid and sweet at the same time, the Strawberry Basil Martini evokes the glamorous, sexy experience of the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills bar and its sensual baroque décor.
- Ingredients: 2 oz. vodka, 2 large strawberries, 3 fresh basil leaves, 2 oz. lime agave
- Directions: Muddle strawberries and basil. Add lime, agave, and vodka. Shake, then pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a basil leaf.
- The Fighter Weapon School – aka Top Gun: The Fighter Weapon School, AKA Top Gun, is inspired by the “paper plane” – a classic bourbon cocktail. A traditional Paper Plane is a bitter butterfly rooted in Amaro and bourbon, but for this cocktail remix, the name needed a twist as well. Since the cocktail was crafted in LA, city of the stars and cinema, and because “Fighter Weapon School” is based in California, the name “Top Gun” was chosen — a nod to the famous Tom Cruise movie (and to the pilot students who call the school “Top Gun.” Mixologist Master at Riviera 31 Lounge Bar, Frederic Zemmour, gave his personal touch to the classic blend, adding a splash of passion fruit juice for a magic mix of acidity and bitterness. The acidity comes first, then blends with the bitter and strength of the alcohol flavors for an incomparable cocktail experience. The passion fruit juice gives a fresh and sunny taste to this very “wintery” cocktail and makes it the perfect beverage for a summer night out!
- Ingredients: 3⁄4 oz Bourbon, 3⁄4 oz Aperol, 3⁄4 oz Amaro Nonino Quintessentia, 3⁄4 oz Lemon juice, splash of passion fruit juice
- Directions: Combine and enjoy!
Hotel Eden: Il Giardino Bar
- The White Spritz: Guests of Hotel Eden know they will enjoy Il Giardino Bar for its well-crafted drinks (and amazing sunsets, complete with panoramic rooftop views of Rome), and there’s no better drink to savor that their White Spritz. A signature take on the classic spritz, it provides an intense citrus fragrance with delicate flowery notes — perfect for a summer afternoon in Rome (or anywhere else, too)!
- Ingredients: 20 ml of Solerno, 20 ml Franciacorta Ca’ del Bosco
- Directions: Pour into a wine glass filled with ice, add 20ml of Solerno orange liquor and 20ml of white Bitter Luxardo, fill with Franciacorta Ca del Bosco.
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
- Café & Tonic: There is definitely something undeniably delightful about sipping cold brew coffee on a hot summer day. Add some tonic and rum, and you’ve got yourself a drink that will keep you cool all afternoon! Look no further than Le Château Montebello’s Café & Tonic.
- Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. of spiced rum, 1 ½ oz. of simple syrup, 2 oz. of cold brew coffee
- Directions: Top with tonic in a tall glass and garnish with an orange peel.
Subscribe to Hawkins International Public Relations' Blog
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from blog.hawkpr.com