Ski-season is upon us and with that comes endless options for where to glide down the mountain. We know how difficult to make a decision about your next travel destination, and we want you to have the best experience possible! Your Hawkins International experts have a solution in the form of a fun quiz to help you decide where to pack your bags and visit this winter. Answer the questions below to help figure out which ski destination is right for you!
- What type of skier are you?
- I’ve been skiing all my life and want to spend all day on the slopes
- I like to take it easy going down the mountain
- I’m mostly worried that my kids have fun
- Black diamond? Find me something harder…
- What is your favorite part of the ski day?
- Hitting the fresh, morning powder
- Apres ski!
- I can’t choose a favorite! I like participating in all activities.
- Challenging myself with new and exciting runs
- What’s your favorite food?
- Chocolate – I have a major sweet tooth
- I’ve yet to find a better combination than wine and cheese
- I’m a huge foodie I love them all!
- There’s nothing more delicious than a well-cooked steak
- What part of the country is your favorite?
- Why limit yourself to the United States? There’s so much of the world to explore!
- The mountains of the mid-west always call my name
- I like to stick to the east-coast
- I’ve always wanted to visit Colorado
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- I have the travel bug!
- Relaxing with a good book
- Spending good, quality time outdoors!
- Anything that gets my adrenaline pumping
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – I wish I was as classy as Audrey.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – such a great family classic.
- Any Mission Impossible movie!
Mostly A’s: Your lust for international travel makes a trip across the pond perfect for you! Set on a hill overlooking the beauty of the Saanenland region is one of the world’s most renowned and elite winter sports destinations, as well as a hotspot for jet-setting travelers, celebrities and royalty. The holiday region of Gstaad is particularly appealing for avid cross-country skiers, as the area comprises both beginner and expert trails, perfect for all types of adventurous travelers. The 5k Gstaad-Feutersoey-Gsteig trail is particularly suited to nature lovers, taking skiers along the River Saane to Chlösterli. After a long day spent enjoying Switzerland’s unspoiled countryside, travelers can enjoy a much-needed reprieve at Gstaad Palace, the city’s most glamorous post-ski hideaway. Standing on a hilltop overlooking the picturesque valley, the 104-room Palace hotel offers first-class dining, unparalleled hospitality and indulgent pampering at the Palace Spa. Cross-country skiers searching for the ultimate Gstaad experience can book the Ski Pleasure package, which includes luxurious accommodations at the hotel paired with a three-day ski pass and one day with a private ski instructor, as well as half board and use of the Palace Spa.
Mostly B’s: Luxury meets adventure in this beautiful Utah property! With a coveted location atop Empire Pass, Montage Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, offers the only true ski-in/ski-out accessibility, just steps from the slopes. Directly adjacent to three high-speed chairlifts, the resort offers access to more than 200 acres of sprawling terrain and more than 100 different trails. While providing traditional alpine ski routes, the resort gives more adventurous guests an opportunity to enjoy heli-skiing which involves jumping from a helicopter to discover more inaccessible natural trails, but at higher altitudes and even faster speeds. For those looking for the same flexibility, but not quite ready for the adrenaline rush, snowcat skiing is available to grant access to carefully selected ski environments minus the gear required for hiking or mountaineering.
Mostly C’s: You want somewhere family-friendly and perfect for a weekend trip! When the Allegheny Mountains of western Virginia are blanketed in white snow, it is the perfect time to embark on a ski trip to The Omni Homestead Resort! With more than 45 acres of wide, well-maintained trails, the slopes are perfect for beginners, as well as experienced skiers. In addition to traditional skiing, The Omni Homestead offers a wide variety of outdoor activities. Opening later this month, the Penguin Slides Tubing Park is a lively family-friendly activity, featuring the new Penguin Express conveyor to whisk tubers back up the hill with ease. For a more relaxing day, try ice skating at the Allegheny Springs rink adjacent to the year-round spring-fed heated outdoor pool. At the end of the day, enjoy fireside s’mores at the fire pit on the Casino Lawn.
Mostly D’s: You’re an adventure lover, so we recommend Telluride’s cross country ski options! Nestled in the heart of Mountain Village in Telluride, CO, Madeline Hotel and Residences offers premier cross-country skiing for adventurous winter sports fans. Madeline Hotel and Residences’ concierge can arrange for half-day cross-country ski tours, which explore the region’s natural and cultural history, or full-day cross-country ski tours that venture deeper into Telluride’s most beautiful open valleys. For experienced cross-country skiers, Madeline Hotel and Residences’ concierge can provide recommendations and maps of pristine paths including Lizard Head Wilderness Area, Priest Lake, Mountain Village Golf and the Telluride Valley Floor.
Subscribe to Hawkins International Public Relations' Blog
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from blog.hawkpr.com